1. Make sure your firewall is not blocking the connection attempt. Norton antivirus is known to block installation of DLLs on Windows OS. Disable Norton, install TimeBolt exe, enter key-code, then re-enable Norton.
2. TimeBolt works on up to 2 machines. If you try and use on over two machines, it will log users out. To use on more than two machines, you must purchase another license.
HOW DO I EDIT A TIMELINE GREATER THAN 60 MINUTES LONG?
TimeBolt puts video longer than 60 minutes long into 1-hour chunks. Click 'Select Preview Chunk' to edit long-form footage on a timeline. See features here
CAN YOU EXPORT THE ‘FASTFORWARD’ FEATURE IN XML?
No. XML will not support speed ramp. To use FastForward you have to filter native in TimeBolt.
CAN YOU EDIT MULTIPLE AUDIO TRACKS IN TIMEBOLT?
Yes, TimeBolt will read multiple audio tracks in an MP4 file. You can select to include all or choose which tracks to ignore.
If you filter native in TimeBolt the file will be flattened into a single audio track with the ignored audio re-synced after the cuts are made.
If you export via XML into Premier/FCXP or EDL into Resolve, all audio tracks will be imported and can be modified as separate tracks but newly synced to the cuts.
To manually remove silence cuts via XML/EDL, upon opening TimeBolt, go to ‘File’ —> ’Settings’, and opt to keep all cuts where you can manually delete silent tracks inside a supported NLE.
FastSpring is our fulfillment provider. If you are part of the very few subscribers who can’t enter pay details please try either another card, or close / re-open the browser. It works 95% of the time, can’t tell you why :)
CAN I EXPORT CUTS INTO ADOBE PREMIER?
Yes. Export cuts as an XML file. TimeBolt supports multiple bit rates 29.97 / 30 & 59.94 / 60 fps, keeps audio tracks attached, and you can specify which audio tracks if any in an MP4 to ignore when deleting silence.
When importing into Premier both left and right stereo tracks are maintained. This is how to enable audio tracks once XML is imported into premier.
WHAT PROGRAMS WORK WITH THE EDL FEATURE?
We have tested the EDL output with a number of NLE’s. At this time Adobe Premier does not seem to accurately support EDL imports. But don’t worry…ever try DaVinci Resolve? With TimeBolt’s EDL feature you can even specify which audio tracks to filter or ignore. Tested at multiple frame rates as well.
HOW LONG OF A FILE CAN TIMEBOLT PROCESS?
With the release of version 2.5.0 TimeBolt can process any length of video! The software cuts the media into 1-hr chunks, and recompiles as a filtered file. Again, expect a 1:1 processing time which also depends on the speed of your machine. But it’ll happen in the background, while you do whatever you want.
WHAT ARE THE BEST AUDIO THRESHOLD SETTINGS?
TimeBolt recommends the lowest filter level. It will depend on the audio file. If words are being cut off, ‘Filter Below’ setting is likely too high. To prevent sentences from being cut off early, add a value for ‘Grace Period’ button so it adds a buffer time before cutting silence.
For split time the default and recommended value is .5.
WHAT TYPE OF VIDEO AND AUDIO FILES DOES TIMEBOLT PROCESS?
TimeBolt now supports all major video and audio formats / frame rates!
HOW LONG DO VIDEO FILES TAKE TO PROCESS?
Video = 30 – 45 minutes of processing time per 30 minutes of show.
Audio = 5 minutes of processing time per 30 minutes of show.
For larger files, 1 minute of 4K footage takes TimeBolt 1 minute and 20 seconds to process.
The free version with the watermark can take twice as long to filter!
WHO IS TIMEBOLT FOR?
TimeBolt is for thee types of customers:
1. Producers with large existing audiences who already pay contractors to edit the bulk of grunt work.
2. Individual editors who already spend 4-5 hours a week editing out dead air from video files. Their goal is to release quality video more frequently.
3. Self-broadcasters who do not use Final Cut Pro / Premier but still have to keep the action snappy. Educators and trainers can now trim the fat without learning to edit in an NLE in a fraction of the time.
Join Our Free Trial
Get started today before this once in a lifetime opportunity expires.